Erin Plowman joins VAVA as a first-time head coach. With 12 years of volleyball experience, she has seen just about every position on the court. Erin started as an OH/DS in middle school and then transitioned to S/RS in high school. Upon attending Virginia Tech, Erin joined the VT Women’s Club Volleyball team as a setter her freshman year. In her senior year of college, Erin became the club president and captain of the team. As the primary leader of a student-run club, Erin assumed the coaching responsibilities for her team. In her final semester of college, Erin led her team in an undefeated season, finishing 17-0 and securing a #1 ranking heading into the 2022 NCVF Championship Tournament. VT Women’s Club Volleyball finished as Semi-finalists in the Division 1 Gold Bracket that year. Erin went on to graduate from Virginia Tech with a B.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering and a minor in Green Engineering. She currently works full-time for an IT consulting firm.
Outside of volleyball, Coach Erin has made fitness a big part of her life. She is an ACE Certified Group Fitness instructor and enjoys teaching a variety of fitness classes such as Strength Training, HIIT, Cycle, and Yoga Sculpt. Erin believes that a little conditioning a practice never hurts! In fact, strength and endurance might just help our team win tight matches.
Coach Erin’s vision for her team:
- Create an environment where players are not afraid to make mistakes, but rather encouraged to learn from them.
- Find ways to add more excitement to the game, and keep players intrinsically motivated.
- Build confidence in the players by coaching them in a way that allows them to see their potential, and know their worth.
- Teach players skills that are applicable off the court, such as respect and resiliency.
- Emphasize the value of teammates and the importance of supporting one another.